Your main responsibilities will be
You are an experienced and committed System Engineer excited to maintain and build existing and new infrastructures on several (virtual) servers with different functionalities (all over the world).
You will be involved in maintenance and continuity of the existing platform.
Your role consists of:
- Maintaining and updating internal (and customer) application environments and application management procedures
- Installing and Maintaining Application Server and Database Platforms.
- Execution of system and application management tasks
- Providing technical consulting for our customers
- Having regular feedback/consulting sessions with other offices
- Contribution to the design and maintenance of the existing environments (world-wide)
- Contribution to the security policy and execution accordingly
- Being responsible for the Japanese IT office infrastructure
Your interests and skills
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in IT or a solid background and experience in this matter
- You have experience with one or multiple of the following domains:
- ERP Application Server Platforms, specifically JBoss / Websphere
- DB: Oracle / SQL Server
- Linux / Windows
- You are acquainted with
- infra: hardware / laptops / phone systems / networks / virtualization / ...
- Bamboo / Jenkins
- Container technologies (open container initiative)
- Linux and virtualization
- You have a strong focus on automation, monitoring and configuration management
- You show strong analytical skills, take initiative and are a motivated team player
- Creativity, innovation and a desire to learn are your second nature
- You are familiar with an agile way of working
- You are willing to travel occasionally
- At Sofico you will get the opportunity to work in a growing, international, high-tech company.
- We provide ongoing training and coaching to build and extend our people's skills.
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your knowledge and experience.
- You will get excellent growth opportunities within a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- You will be based in our Tokyo office located in the center of Tokyo in the Toranomon business district.
- 20 days paid holiday leave (pro-rata for your first year). In addition, 6 days paid sick leave, as well as Japanese Official Public Holidays.
Please submit your resume in English. Applicants must currently reside in Japan.